Student Affairs Marketing and Communications accepts project requests online. Before beginning the process, you may find it helpful to review the project request FAQ below.
1. I usually call in or email my project requests. Why should I use the online project request instead?The project request form gives us the ability to manage the details of your project more efficiently. It provides tools that support collaboration between SAMC and you, our client. The online project request also enables SAMC to more effectively coordinate projects requiring the expertise of multiple SAMC team members.
In addition, by using the online project request, you will be able to check the status of your project. Another benefit of the online project request is that it provides access to past requests, which is especially helpful for recurring projects.
2. I have a project I need completed very quickly. Should I use the online project request to submit it?
Yes. Submitting your project through the online project request is more efficient because it enables us to gather some of the details needed to begin work on your project as soon as possible. We ask that you submit your request at least four weeks prior to your deadline, but we understand that is not always possible. If your project requires a faster turnaround, please email after submitting your request.
3. How will I know that my request has been received?
You will receive a confirmation email and a SAMC staff person will be in touch within three business days to begin work.
4. How do I submit files related to my project request?
You can upload files directly into the project request form.
5. How long will it take to complete my project?
The time it takes to complete your request will vary based on a number of factors such as project complexity, your availability to answer questions and approve proofs and printing timelines. We ask that you submit your request at least four weeks prior to your requested deadline. Swag and other specialty items may take longer.
6. Who will work on my project?
Each project will be assigned to an SAMC client relations specialist (CRS) who will be your main contact throughout the project. If your project includes multiple components (e.g., social media, web content, graphic design, video production), additional SAMC team members will support the CRS to complete your project.
7. Whom do I contact if I have questions about my project?
Please use RoboHead to contact your project CRS, the SAMC team member who contacted you after you submitted your request online.
8. I need to submit more than one project request. Can I enter them on the same form?
If your projects are completely separate (e.g., you need a general brochure describing your services and a poster for a specific event) or operate on different timelines (different in-hand dates), please enter them in separate requests. If you are requesting multiple items for the same purpose due at the same time (e.g., a poster, postcard and booklet for a single event), you may enter them in a single request.
If you have already submitted a project request and need to make changes or request additional items, please re-enter the system and edit your request or use the comments feature.
9. Whom do I contact if I am having technical issues with the online project request?
For technical assistance with the online project request, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.