Photos help bring UC Davis Student Affairs and its stories to life. With a brand-informed approach to this visual media, we can create a look and feel that’s distinctly ours.
The main UC Davis asset library contains photo, video and audio files. The library has a robust search engine, and images and video are organized into four categories: People, Place, Details and the Davis Difference.
SAMC is in the process of migrating its image library with photography exclusive to Student Affairs departments and events. You may find some images still available in our prior image library on Flickr.
Additional Resources for Staff and Student Employees
- Take Better Cell Phone Photos: From SAMC, nine simple but effective tips for taking web- and social media-worthy photos with your smartphone.
- How to Pose People on a Photo Shoot (PDF): To get the photo you want, it’s important to know how to work with the people in it.
- Consent to Record form (PDF): This standard form, or some version of it, must be signed by person(s) you intend to photograph.
For a comprehensive overview of photography best practices, brand photography framework, plus how and when to use stock photography, visit UC Davis’ brand guide on photography.
Need a Photographer?
SAMC offers photography services to its Student Affairs partners on a limited basis. To work with us on high importance photo projects, please use our project request form, and we will assess your photography needs.
Student Affairs Marketing and Communications (SAMC) is happy to accommodate staff headshot photography. The following policy will apply to staff headshot photography provided by SAMC:
- Departments may have two days with two hours per day, requested once per year.
- Departments will have 15-minute time slots for each individual staff member to be photographed.
- Departments are responsible for scheduling said time slots with SAMC photographers.
- Departments may recommend a location/background.
- If staff do not schedule an appointment, they may attend a quarterly walk-in photography event put on by SAMC.
Student Affairs Marketing and Communications (SAMC) is happy to accommodate event photography. The following policy will apply to event photography provided by SAMC:
- Photography for events limited to 2 hours or less
- Events should channel a focus on students, student activity, or student life.
- Not all events can be covered for photography depending on availability, bandwidth, etc.
- Photos are proprietary of the University and Student Affairs and is subject to use by campus departments and affiliates.