The LCD screens managed by the UC Davis Division of Student Affairs provide a means to reach students who utilize campus facilities. The screens serve as both a directory for event and room reservation information, as well as vehicles to promote student-focused programs, services and events.
Currently, only campus departments and registered student organizations will be provided access to the LCD displays. Priority is given in the following order:
- Student Affairs departments and programs
- Registered student groups (For information about registering a group, please visit the Center for Student Involvement website.)
- Other campus departments, units and programs
Within that order, promotions are shown on a first-come, first-served basis.
LCD rates and allotments
Running ads is free. However, you are limited to the number of ads you can run during the quarter. Please review the information below to find out how many ads/weeks you are given.
Division of Student Affairs
- Four ads per quarter. Limit one week per ad. Video ads may not contain sound and are limited to 30 seconds each. We recommend that videos be captioned. Still-image ads (e.g., photo with no animation) are limited to 8 seconds.
- Two ads per quarter. Limit one weeks per ad. Video ads may not contain sound and are limited to 30 seconds each. We recommend that videos be captioned. Still-image ads (e.g., photo with no animation) are limited to 8 seconds.
Other campus departments, units and programs
- Two ads per quarter. Limit one week per ad. Video ads may not contain sound and are limited to 30 seconds each. We recommend that videos be captioned. Still-image ads (e.g., photo with no animation) are limited to 8 seconds.
- Multiple screens on the first and second floor of the Memorial Union
- Two screens in the Student Community Center: first and second floors
SAMC cannot guarantee that change requests will be implemented.
- We no longer limit the number of ads that can run at any one time.
- Ads will run in rotation.
- We cannot guarantee that all screens will be functional on any given day. If you notice a problem with a screen's display, please contact SAMC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedure for submissions
- Applications for announcements must be received at least two (2) weeks prior to the actual date the display is to run.
- Applications for announcements will be reviewed and considered for approval consistent with relevant University policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, UC Davis policies concerning Mass Electronic Messaging, Distribution of Information and Literature, Posting of Information, the UC Electronics Communication Policy, and the Student Responsibility and Conduct Standards. Student Affairs Marketing and Communications has the right to review, approve and deny any content submitted for display.
- Reservation requests may be denied based on a failure to comply with reservation procedures.
- All content must be related to UC Davis and to UC Davis activities and events.
- Corporate sponsors on ads will only be listed by name. No corporate logos will be displayed unless there is a contracted agreement between the university and the business.
- It is the responsibility of the department to ensure that all copyright laws have been followed.
- Acceptable file types for submitted artwork are: .mov, .mp4, .jpeg, .png. Note: The screen resolution is 1920x1080. We no longer accept Powerpoint slides. If you have a Powerpoint file, please convert the slide(s) to images and send us the images.
- Runtime for video files submitted in any format must not exceed 30 seconds.
- Large videos files should be submitted by e-mail or made available for download via Dropbox, Google Drive or Box.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com.
Student Affairs LCD Advertising Request Form
LCD advertising may be reserved to promote UC Davis programs and services.
- Submit an LCD Advertising Request Form.
- If the artwork of video is too large to attach to the form, email a copy of the final artwork or a link to the video hosted online to Student Affairs Marketing and Communications (SAMC): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Displays will be scheduled, added and removed from LCD rotation by the SAMC staff.
- Reservations end at 11 p.m. on the scheduled end date. Displays will be removed within 24 hours of that time.
- SAMC reserves the right to modify dimensions, playback rate or any other aspect of the ad in order to achieve compatibility with our system. The client will be contacted if changes are necessary.
- SAMC reserves the right to refuse any displays that violate University Policy, Student Responsibilities and Conduct Standards, or local, state or federal law.