Photos and video help bring UC Davis Student Affairs and its stories to life. With a brand-informed approach to these visual media, we can create a look and feel that’s distinctly ours.
The main UC Davis asset library contains photo, video and audio files. The library has a robust search engine, and images and video are organized into four categories: People, Place, Details and the Davis Difference.
SAMC also hosts an image library on Flickr. There you will find photography exclusive to Student Affairs departments and events.
Additional Resources for Staff and Student Employees
- Take Better Cell Phone Photos: From SAMC, nine simple but effective tips for taking web- and social media-worthy photos with your smartphone.
- How to Pose People on a Photo Shoot (PDF): To get the photo you want, it’s important to know how to work with the people in it.
- Consent to Record form (PDF): This standard form, or some version of it, must be signed by person(s) you intend to photograph or film.
- How to Produce High-Quality Videos for Social Media (external resource)
- How to Make Videos People Will Watch on Social Media (external resource)
For a comprehensive overview of photography best practices, brand photography framework, plus how and when to use stock photography, visit UC Davis’ brand guide on photography.
Need a Photographer or Videographer?
SAMC offers photography and videography services to its Student Affairs partners on a limited basis. To work with us on high importance video projects, please use our project request form, and we will assess your videography needs.